The purpose of this award is to provide the learner with a strong foundation of skills, competence and knowledge in the importance of workplace safety, manual handling practices and fire safety procedures. successful completion of this component award will provide the learners with a level 4 Workplace Safety(4N1124) Certificate which may enable learners to transfer to programs leading to other certificates where this component is a mandatory or elective requirement.
There are many learning outcomes some of which will enable the learners to:
- Identify the various work areas, hazardous equipment, protective clothing or personal protection, specific to work areas in a business using appropriate terminology
- Identify fire exits, assembly points and emergency exits in the workplace, entry and exit points, and Health and Safety signage in each workplace area
- Explain the importance of correct procedures for fire drills, accidents and emergencies
- Explain the importance of protective clothing to minimise injuries and accidents in the workplace
- Discuss a range of fire safety equipment in the workplace to include uses of various types of fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, and smoke alarms
- Discuss the legislation governing Health and Safety in all workplaces to include employers and employees responsibilities
- Explain a Health and Safety statement and its importance for the workplace
- Identify Health and safety officials in the workplace
Total hours of learning for the 4N1124 Workplace Safety is 100 Hours the course is broken up over 4 days of contact learning and the additional 70 hours of non contact learning.
Certificate QQI Level 4 Workplace Safety
In the unlikely event of a course failing to reach any minimum student number, you will be offered a full refund or a place on the next available course.