The course will provide students with the knowledge and skills to respond to and assist at any medical or trauma incident. Implementing the chain of survival and applying care to the standards set down by the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council.
Method of Delivery
The course will utilise both theory and practical learning which will encourage student participation and feedback and ensure strong knowledge of practical skills.
Duration: 4 Hours.
Learners will be assessed through skills demonstrations and a Phecc approved multiple choice theory exam.
This course incorporates the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Councils Cardiac First Response Course Certificates awarded are as follows:
– PHECC Cardiac First Response at Community.
– PHECC Cardiac First Response at Advanced Level.
Certificates awarded are as follows:
– PHECC Cardiac First Response at Community or *Advanced Level
*For practitioners only
Course Content Overview
Below are just some of the topics covered on this course:
- Chain of Survival (Adults, Children, Infants)
- The 4 major life threats: Heart Attack, Stroke, Cardiac Arrest, Foreign Body Airway obstruction
- A.E.D. (Automated External Defibrillator) use
In the unlikely event of a course failing to reach any minimum student number, you will be offered a full refund or a place on the next available course.