This training course provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to reduce the spread of infection and illness in non-healthcare and healthcare workplaces. It explains the fundamentals of infection prevention, the importance of personal hygiene, and how to correctly and safely use different types of PPE. Taking this training will enable you to follow practical steps that help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keeps everyone safe.
This course complies with current workplace-specific guidance on working safely during COVID-19, as released by the Health and Safety Authority and Health Service Executive.
The government guidance around COVID-19 measures is subject to continuing reviews and changes. At the time of the most recent release (01/11/2020) this course matches all of the latest updates. We are working hard to keep the course in line with any changes and to use the most recent best practice.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Know what COVID-19 is and what is meant by the chain of infection.
- Recognise what measures employers are required to take and enforce to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19.
- Recognise what actions employees are required to take to help limit the transmission of COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Understand what both employers and employees should do to help protect any employees or colleagues who may be particularly vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Understand how to correctly clean your work environment and equipment to stop the spread of viruses, bacteria and other infections.
- Understand how to safely share welfare facilities, such as toilets.
- Know the correct handwashing and sanitising techniques to ensure good hand hygiene.
- Understand how to correctly put on and take off PPE, when you might be required to wear it, and the requirements for changing, cleaning and disposing of it safely.
Module 1: Introduction to COVID-19 Essentials for Close Contact Working
Who is this course for? Infection, why is infection prevention and control necessary? What is COVID-19? How is COVID-19 transmitted? The chain of infection, Legislation, The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) Government guidance for COVID-19, Employer duties, Employee duties.
Module 2: Risk Assessments and Methods of Infection Prevention and Control
Risk assessments, Equality and diversity in the workplace, Managing COVID-19 risks, the highest risk zone, PPE requirements, arriving at and leaving work, the work area, Communal areas, Ventilation, Further considerations, Keeping clients and visitors safe.
Module 3: Self-Isolation and Emergency Procedures
Self-isolation requirements, HSE Test and Trace, Protecting vulnerable workers, Emergencies during COVID-19, First aid during COVID-19.
Module 4: Effective Cleaning for Infection Prevention and Control
Cleaning activities, Cleaning during COVID-19, Cleaning after a suspected case of COVID-19, Clean-up kit, Further considerations before reopening, Further hygiene tips.
Module 5: Personal Hygiene
What is personal hygiene? The importance of personal hygiene for infection control and prevention, Respiratory hygiene, Hand hygiene, Handwashing procedure, when should hands be washed? Advice for commuting, Workplace handwashing facilities, Client toilets, Workplace facilities.
Module 6: Correct Use of PPE: Part 1
What is PPE and why is it important? Donning and doffing PPE:
- How to correctly use face visors
- How to correctly use gloves
- How to correctly use aprons
- How to correctly use overalls/gowns/HM suits
- How to correctly use face masks
- Employees who choose to wear face coverings
- Face covering exemptions and considerations
Module 7: Correct Use of PPE: Part 2
When might PPE be worn? Wearing multiple items of PPE, how to safely dispose of PPE, what are the limitations of PPE? COVID-19 and workplaces.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.
To book please call our administration team on 051 386851/085-8729880 or e-mail email@example.com